Clearwater, Florida. August 18, 2022– The Chi Chi Rodriguez Driving Range recently added a patented new training device to its North McMullen Booth Rd. location. The Power Tee is a
A New Chapter for the Fox Club in Florida
NEW OWNERSHIP, NEW ENHANCEMENTS AND MORE COMING FOR CAPE CLUB PALM CITY
There is a buzz in the air at The Fox Club, in Palm City. The club that is just 30 minutes north of the West Palm Beach airport has been acquired by The Cape Club. The new ownership shared a bevy of new and exciting announcements and will elevate the club and the experience for current and future members and guests. For those not familiar with Cape Clubs mantra, the Cape Club Collection includes Cape Club of Sharon and Cape Club of Falmouth, two vibrant, thriving clubs in the Boston/Cape Cod, Massachusetts area that operate at world class level, yet challenge the status quo with fun events, music, great golf and a culinary adventure that is unmatched. Now the same ownership has begun reinvigorating the Fox Club with significant capital investment into the golf course and clubhouse, ushering in a new era for the golf facility – an era that will create a premier private club experience that will be the crown jewel of the Palm City and Treasure Coast region.
Capital improvement projects underway at The Fox Club will include:
- Renovation of all bunkers on the course to include re-shaping, new liners, drains and the addition of brilliant “Augusta-white” bunker sand in all bunkers – a Cape Club Collection signature feature
- New landscaping around the parking lot and clubhouse
- Investment in a new pump station to provide enhanced turf health
- Revitalization of golf cart paths to include a refresh of current paths and new white coquina for natural paths
- Clean up of landscaping in both in-play and out-of-play areas on every golf hole. This will include trimming of all brush and trees, laying down pine straw, mulch and flowers in strategic locations.
- The entire golf course will receive top dressing to enhance turf health and will undergo other agronomic practices throughout the summer to ensure first-class conditions for the future
- Player-friendly redesign/enhancements to holes 10 and 18
- Refreshed (and fully accessorized) golf carts featuring state-of-the-art GPS, Bluetooth-enabled upgraded speakers, coolers and in-cart ball/club washers
- Renovation of the driving range/practice area to include enhanced landing area, new targets (with white sand bunkers), a new retaining wall, alternative artificial hitting matts, new practice golf balls along with furniture and practice accessories
- Creation of a new back patio on the clubhouse
- Clubhouse interior improvements to enhance social opportunities and event venues
Capital improvements to be made by the Cape Club represent a multi seven-figure investment in the golf course and clubhouse. In an effort to complete all improvements in a timely manner, The Fox Club has closed temporarily from July 1 through mid-November 2022, at which time the club will be relaunched as the new Cape Club of Palm City.
“This is so very exciting for the club, the community and the region,” said longtime associate of the Fox Club, now General Manager Kristi Tower. “The Cape Club organization as a whole operates at an extremely high level, investing back into their courses to create amazing golf, social and culinary experiences. Being a part of the Cape Club family will usher in a new era for the club and will elevate the experience for members and guests.”
Members of the new/relaunched private club will have access to both sister clubs – Cape Club of Sharon and Cape Club of Falmouth. Additionally, members of Cape Club of Sharon and Cape Club of Falmouth will have access to the new Cape Club Palm City, upon reopening.
“Our members will be able to play and discover the world-class Cape Club courses in Massachusetts and vice versa. We look forward to being a winter retreat for Cape Club members from Sharon and Falmouth, and being their go to Florida destination,” added Tower.
Located thirty minutes from West Palm Beach Airport in Palm City, Florida, on the Treasure Coast, The Fox Club offers quintessential Florida golf with a meandering layout highlighted by creative mounding, strategically located water features, tour-quality putting green surfaces. Originally designed by Roy Case in 1989, The Fox Club was redesigned in 2017 by the championship-winning duo of Darren Clarke and Eoghan O’Connell and features a fun, yet challenging par 72 layout with flexible tee options that can offer a yardage from 5,090 yards from the front tees to 7,070 yards from the tips. Just a short ride from Atlantic Ocean beaches, just east of I-95 in Palm City, The Fox Club is a popular locale for weddings, special events and golf outings/events. For more information on The Fox Club Florida visit www.thefoxclubflorida.com or (772) 597-4222.
For those not familiar with the Cape Clubs in the Northeast, The Cape Club of Falmouth is located at the gateway of the Cape and Martha’s Vineyard, and features a recently renovated golf course with jaw-dropping elevation changes, and signature Cape Club white sand bunkers. The recently renovated clubhouse that is the perfect venue for a culinary journey or a wedding and special family occasion. The golf experience at The Cape Club is one of the best in the region that brings together fun, family and friends. For more information on Cape Club of Falmouth visit www.CapeClubResort.com. The Cape Club of Sharon joined The Cape Club Collection in 2017 and has also undergone significant renovations and enhancements. Golf course refinements included the addition of new Cape Club signature white sand bunkers, while clubhouse enhancements have included renovations to the Grand Ballroom and Grille Room, and the creation of an expansive Grand Patio featuring fire pits, big screen televisions, frequent live music events and expansive views of the golf course. The Cape Club of Sharon is one of the best dining/social experiences in the region. For more information on the Cape Club of Sharon, visit www.thecapeclubofsharon.com.
Ft. Myers, Florida–When the 35th version of the U.S. Women’s Mid-Amateur tees it up September 17-22 on the Ron Garl-designed Long Mean course, the ladies aged 25 and over will