BY: Bob Harris, ESPN Senior Writer | July 7, 2020 The decision has loomed for weeks, and the PGA of America made it official Wednesday when it postponed the Ryder
Coral Hospitality Invites Frontline Heroes for a Much-Needed Escape With Discounted Rates
COVID-19 Heroes Receive 30% Off at Six Georgia State Parks and Lodges
Coral Hospitality, a full-service hospitality management company, today announced a special “Thank You to Our Heroes” promotion for first responders, law enforcement officers, nurses, doctors and teachers available at six Georgia lodges and resorts. For a limited time, essential personnel can receive a 30 percent discount off best available rates when they book a stay at one of the properties*.
“When COVID-19 hit our country and people sheltered in place waiting for this unprecedented pandemic to pass, these professionals stepped up to meet the needs of their community with bravery and dedication,” said Heath Carter, regional vice president of sales and marketing at Coral Hospitality. “We want to show our appreciation for these hardworking individuals by giving them a well-deserved break, after all they have done for us.”
Over the past four years, Coral Hospitality led multi-million-dollar renovations at Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge, Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa, Unicoi State Park & Lodge, Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club, and most recently, Little Ocmulgee State Park & Lodge. With these recent renovations, frontline workers will be able to enjoy modern lodging and Georgia’s natural beauty at a discounted rate.
In North Georgia, guests can enjoy the tranquility of the mountains and participate in adventure activities such as ziplining, archery and horseback riding at the following properties:
- Amicalola Fall State Park & Lodge: Located in Dawsonville, Georgia, this ideal mountain retreat features a newly expanded lookout veranda complete with ample seating where guests can stay warm around the fire pit while enjoying the breathtaking views of the North Georgia mountains.
- Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa: Celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, this relaxing retreat in the Blue Ridge Mountains offers updated guest rooms and cottages as well as a top-ranked golf course.
- Unicoi State Park & Lodge: Minutes from alpine Helen, this Georgia Adventure Lodge recently received upgrades to 100 lodge guestrooms, as well as many of its cabins. Wherever guests choose to stay on this property, they can enjoy an updated menu and regional craft beer at the newly designed on-site restaurant, Smith Creek Tavern.
Additionally, guests can enjoy waterfront activities and beautiful views at the following South Georgia properties:
- George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge: Nestled on the shores of Walter F. George Lake in Fort Gaines, Georgia, this state park and lodge provides a range of outdoor activities, including boat rentals, nature trails, championship golf and a private swimming pool for guests to enjoy.
- Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club (pictured right): Having recently undergone transforming renovations to the guestrooms and common areas, this lakeside retreat is ideal for those looking for a wide range of resort-style activities and amenities.
- Little Ocmulgee State Park & Lodge: Located in McRae, Georgia, this state park and lodge recently received extensive renovations to common areas and 60 guestrooms. These modern renovations create the perfect setting to take in the views after a day spent on the golf course or swimming in the private pool.
To book a stay using the “Thank You to our Heroes” discount, visit the property website and enter the code ‘FIRST,’ or call the property phone number and mention ‘Thank You to our Heroes Discount.’ Guest must present a valid employee ID upon arrival.
- Amicalola Falls State Park & Lodge: AmicalolaFallsLodge.com or 800-573-9656
- Brasstown Valley Golf Course: BrasstownValley.com or 800-201-3205
- George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge: GeorgeTBagbyLodge.com or 877-591-5575
- Lake Blackshear Resort & Golf Club: LakeBlackshearResort.com or 800-459-1230
- Little Ocmulgee State Park & Lodge: LittleOcmulgeeLodge.com or 877-591-5572
- Unicoi State Park & Lodge: UnicoiLodge.com or 800-573-9659
About Coral Hospitality
Founded in 1988, Coral Hospitality is a full-service hospitality management and investment company with three distinctive divisions – Coral Hotels & Resorts, Coral Golf & Country Clubs and Coral Residences & Associations, headquartered in Naples, Florida. A market leader that delivers unparalleled service to guests and generates exceptional financial results for clients and investors, Coral takes a unique, full-service approach to the management of its portfolio of hotels, resorts, golf clubs, residences and spas. As a result, Coral is consistently ranked in Top 5 in REVPAR growth among independent management companies. Coral Hospitality…leveraging powerful, world-class partnerships to create experiences that innovate and inspire.
*Based on availability; blackout dates may apply.
The Golf Heritage Society (GHS), a nonprofit organization celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, announces a membership fee of $25 for the remainder of 2020. With this special mid-year offer, the