Latest Single-Level Venue Showcases Toptracer Technology, Mini Golf & More CHATTANOOGA, Tenn., Topgolf Entertainment Group, the global sports and entertainment company,opened its newest venue in Chattanooga to the public on Aug. 7. The new
Let’s play through
It’s seems the biggest sanctuary these days- away from the combined madness of a pandemic and the falling stock market – is the golf course. Fresh air, exercise and sunshine are the best way to stay healthy and relaxed and with wide-open spaces it’s easy to practice social distancing.
A few courses have closed temporarily, including Bobby Jones Golf Club. They plan to open the end of the month. Palm Aire CC & The Oaks, two private clubs have also closed for a few weeks, but the majority of courses are open for play with guidelines in place to keep both you and the staff healthy and protected.
We received this announcement from Pope Golf who manages and/or owns a dozen golf courses. Below are a good set of guidelines to protect both golfers and staff. Many other courses have adopted similar rules, and it’s a good idea to read these through and also check with any course you will be playing to see if there are additional precautions as we move forward.
THE FOLLOWING MULTI-TOUCH POINT RESTRICTIONS WILL BE IN PLACE AT POPE GOLF PUBLIC FACILITIES BEGINNING 3-18-20:
- The preferred transactions will be by credit card. Cash transactions are not preferred, but available. Staff will wear gloves.
- Guests and staff will have restricted interaction during payment process. See “3” below
- A maximum of 4 persons (including staff) will be allowed in Golf Shop at any one time.
- Bag drop and club cleaning services will be suspended during this time.
- Players will load their own clubs on carts and then back into cars
- Starters will all maintain 6-foot radius from groups when organizing play off the first tee
- All players will be advised to leave flagsticks in the hole.
- All rakes and sand bottles will be removed from the golf course
- Sand bunkers will be raked in the morning.
- Bag stands and benches will be removed from the practice areas
- All cups and straws will be removed. Water stations will be removed, and ice/water machines will be disconnected. Guests will be encouraged to bring their own pre-filled water bottles.
Area golf courses are sanitizing golf carts, restrooms and public areas on a regular basis throughout the day. If you feel like bringing disinfecting wipes for golf cart steering wheels, seats etc. it’s probably better to be overly cautious.
Since the governor has ordered dine-in restaurants closed, the folks at Golf In Venice’s Waterford and Capri Isles Golf Clubs are offering carry out or delivery service by golf cart to the surrounding communities, which is a very thoughtful gesture as they have a large and active membership over the age of 65. Calusa Lakes is offering a carry out menu as well.
If your course does not offer delivery, please support it by ordering take-out meals.
If you have made a tee time and decide not to play, please call the golf shop to cancel. There are many golfers out there grasping for sanity right now and an open tee time is a precious commodity.
I wish you all safety and good health, and look forward to seeing you on the course.
The ever-popular Swank Series is joining Tifosi Optics’ Fototec collection. Fototec is Tifosi’s photochromic technology, designed to effortlessly change tints as you move through different lighting conditions. Each lens has