Two local chapters of the First Tee will benefit in part from a generous $9.5 million grant from PGA TOUR Superstore and The Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation. The First
Play Golf Stay Safe
A pandemic does not disappear overnight and our day-to-day routines are no longer the way they used to be. Golf is a safe outdoor activity and many courses were allowed to stay open during lockdown. But as the country opens back up, it is important for golf courses to take extraordinary steps to keep golfers safe.
Responsibility as a player means you can do your part to help keep golf safe and keep golf courses open.
Respect all course rules/guidelines, as every course will have new rules in place to protect your health and well being. As player, when you respect these rules, these will keep your local course open:
- Social Distancing
- Allowing single user carts and encouraging walking.
- Thorough cleaning of carts between players.
- Preventing contact with pins, rakes, and maintaining a 6-foot distance between all individuals on the course.
- …And More
- Responding to the unique needs of every community to keep golf safe for both players and professional
Support Your Local Course
- Most golf courses have been able to remain open, but they had to serve fewer golfers and had to take extraordinary steps to keep all players safe.
- When you have the role of player, you can support the pro shop by making purchases on course instead of online.
- Tip the team member who has been working hard to keep all players safe.
Golf will return to normal, but before that happens, let’s do everything we can to support our local community.
Please visit GolfSafeFlorida.com for more information.
Waterford Golf Club is the scene of the Venice Area BOR Scholarship Tournament. Join them for a great cause and a fun day of golf , October 10, 2020. Individual